âShow Table of Contents
the Salesforce Output Tool (REST API)
The Salesforce Output tool allows you to write to Salesforce.com tables
IMPORTANT! Before you can use this tool, Remote Access on Salesforce.com must be established. This must be set up by your own DBA who needs to grant you access to the SOAP, REST, and BULK APIs. The SOAP API is used for authentication, the REST API is used for data processing, and the Bulk API is used for writing to Salesforce. Without access to these, writing to Salesforce is not going to be possible. For information on how to set up these APIs properly, please visit Salesforce Help.
- URL: Enter your Salesforce URL in the following format: https://[instance].salesforce.com where [instance] refers to the specific server that pertains to your Salesforce environment. (For example: https://na9.salesforce.com).
The easiest way to determine your instance is to log in to Salesforce in a browser at https://login.salesforce.com. Once you are logged in you will be redirected to a URL that contains your instance.
- User Name: Enter your Salesforce user name associated with the Salesforce URL specified above. This is often an email address.
- Password: Enter your password for the Salesforce user name specified above. This information will be encrypted.
- Security Token: You may need to enter your Salesforce Security Token. This information will be encrypted. You can find instructions on how to get your security token from Salesforce Help.
- Connect: Click this button to establish a connection. If the credentials are accurate, the Configuration window will display.
- Table: Click a table to write to from Alteryx. Type in the search box to filter for a table or browse for a table by using the arrows â but you must click on a table name to register your selection.
- Output Operation: When writing data to a Salesforce.com table, the field names must be the same as the field names in the table, including capitalization, but the type and size of the data does not matter. Choose from the following output options:
- Update: Replaces existing records in the specified table with the contents of the input stream. The ID field is required. All other fields must be within the target table.
- Insert: Adds to existing records in the specified table with the contents of the input stream. The ID field cannot be included. All other fields must be within the target table.
- Delete: Removes the records in the input stream from the specified table. The ID field is required and should be the only field provided.
- Change Credentials: Click the link at the bottom to change connection details, if necessary.