âShow Table of Contents
Append Fields Tool
The Append Fields tool will append the fields of one small input (Source) to every record of another larger input (Target). The result is a Cartesian Join where all records from both inputs are compared.
The Append Fields tool accepts two inputs, Target and Source. Ensure the Source side (S input) of the tool contains fewer records than the Target (T input).
- Select the fields to append data to.
- Warn/Error on Too Many Records Being Generated: Since the Append Fields tool is performing a Cartesian join, the user can unintentionally produce an excessive amount of records.
The user can configure warnings or errors to be reported to ensure too many records are not produced.
- Allow all Appends: All records will be appended to all records with no error or warning.
- Warn on appends of more than 16 records: If more than 16 records are in the Source file (S input) a warning will be reported and the workflow will continue processing.
- Error on appends of more than 16 records: If more than 16 records are in the Source file (S input) an error will be reported and the workflow will stop processing.
Example: Target (T) input contains: 16 records with 5 data fields; Source (S) contains 5 records with 3 fields. The output generated from the Append Fields contains 80 records with 8 fields
Â©2017 Alteryx, Inc., all rights reserved. AllocateÂ®, AlteryxÂ®, GuzzlerÂ®, and SolocastÂ® are registered trademarks of Alteryx, Inc.