âShow Table of Contents
Cognitive Services Text Analytics Tool
The Cognitive Services Text Analytics tool uses the Cognitive Services Text Analytics API to perform sentiment analysis, key phrase extraction, and language detection.
This tool is not automatically installed with Alteryx Designer. To use this tool, download it from the Alteryx Analytics Gallery.
To use this tool, you will need a Cognitive Services Text Analytics account through Microsoft Azure. For more information, see the Text Analytics API Documentation.
Configure the tool
- In Account Key, type the key associated with your Cognitive Services Text Analytics subscription.
- Select the Text field for analysis.
- Select a Text Analysis Type. The method of analysis applied to the text. Supported languages vary by analysis type. For more information about supported languages, analysis processes, or use cases, see the Microsoft Text Analytics API Documentation.
- Sentiment Analysis: Analysis of topic perception. The API returns a numeric score between 0 and 1. Scores close to 0 indicate negative sentiment, while scores close to 1 indicate positive sentiment.
- Key Phrase Extraction: Identification of main topics. The API returns a list of strings denoting the key talking points in the input text.
- Language Detection: Detection of input language. The API returns the detected language and a numeric score between 0 and 1. Scores close to 1 indicate higher certainty that the reported language is correctly identified.
Â©2017 Alteryx, Inc., all rights reserved. AllocateÂ®, AlteryxÂ®, GuzzlerÂ®, and SolocastÂ® are registered trademarks of Alteryx, Inc.