âShow Table of Contents
The Layout tool arranges two or more reporting snippets to output as a report via the Render tool. The Layout tool organizes snippets horizontally or vertically, sets the width and height of columns and rows, and adds borders and separators.
Use a Join Multiple tool to join all report snippets together before adding a Layout tool.
- Layout Mode: Select a method for grouping records together.
- Each Individual Record: Lays out all the individual reporting snippets.
- Each Group of Records: Lays out each group of records for batch reporting. A report is generated for each group.
- Group By: Select the fields to group by.
- All Records Combined: Combines all records from one data field/reporting snippet.
Examples of Layout modes
All Records Combined:
Each Individual Record:
Each Group of Records:
- Include Source Fields in Output: Select this option to use the fields in a downstream tool. Deselect this option to create a report.
- Orientation: Specify if the reporting snippets should be laid out horizontally or vertically. With vertical orientation, these additional options are available:
- Vertical with Section Breaks: Creates a section break, which varies based on the report format, when a Section Name is specified.
- For .xls and .xlsx, a section break is equivalent to a new sheet within a workbook.
- For .pdf, .doc, .docx, and .rft, a section break is equivalent to a new page.
- For .html and .pcxml, a section break is not created.
- Vertical Merge Contents to Line up Table Columns: Ensures all table snippets in the layout align correctly.
- Layout Width: Select the width of the layout.
- Automatic: Sets the minimum width for the data contained within a snippet to display.
- Percentage: Sets the percentage of the page for the data to be displayed, where 100% is the entire width of the page.
- Fixed: Sets the width of the data in inches.
- Layout Height: Specify the height of the layout. The height can be either Automatic or Fixed.
- Border: Select this option to add a border, select the color of the border, and indicate the border size in pixels.
- Separator: Select this option to add a separator between records, select the color of the separator, and indicate the size in pixels.
- Cell Padding: Specify the padding in pixels to be added around each reporting snippet.
- Per Column/Row Configuration: If the layout orientation is vertical, configure the rows and if the layout orientation is horizontal, configure the columns.
Â©2017 Alteryx, Inc., all rights reserved. AllocateÂ®, AlteryxÂ®, GuzzlerÂ®, and SolocastÂ® are registered trademarks of Alteryx, Inc.