âShow Table of Contents
The Render tool transforms report snippets into presentation-quality reports in PDF, HTML, XLSX, DOCX, PPTX, RTF and Portfolio Composer (*.pcxml) formats. Output to Microsoft Office formats are only supported for Office 2007 and above. Output to the image file type PNG is also supported.
PDF output is limited to 8,191 pages.
Most reports will require a Render tool to publish the report. The Allocate Report tool can publish content without a Render tool.
- Output Mode: Specify if a Temporary file should be created in one of the supported formats or if a Specific Output File should be created.
- Output File: Specify the output file by entering the path of the file's location in the box or by browsing to it. Supported output file types include:
- HTML Files (*.html)
- Composer Files (*.pcxml)
- PDF Document (*.pdf)
- RTF Document (*.rtf)
- Word Document (*.docx)
- Excel Document (*.xlsx)
- MHTML Files (*.mht)
- Power Point Presentation (*.pptx)
- PNG Image (*.png)
- Zip File (*.zip): The zip file will contain an *.html file and a folder with all of the *.html file dependencies such as images.
- Group Data Into Separate Reports: Allows the user to group data into separate reports and choose the field to group on.
- Modify Filename By
- Appending Group to Filename: Appends the value of the selected filename to the end of the specified Group.
- Prepending Group To Filename: Prepends the value of the selected filename to the beginning of the specified Group.
- Replacing Filename With Group: Changes the filename to the value of the selected Group.
- Replacing Entire Path With Group:Changes the entire path to the value of the selected Group.
- Data Field: Specify which reporting piece to render. If all pieces have been put into a layout there will only be one field to choose from.
- Separator: Specify one of several separator options for how the report should be rendered.
- No Spacing Between Records: Puts no space between records
- Insert Whitespace Between Records: Inserts a white space between records
- Insert Line Between Records: Inserts a horizontal or vertical line between records.
- Insert Section Breaks Between Records: Section breaks can vary depending on the report format.
- PDF, DOC, DOCX and RTF: Section break equals a new page.
- XLS and XLSX: Section break equals a new sheet within a workbook.
- HTML and PCXML: Section break does not provide a break at all.
- Header: Specify if one of the edited text tools should be used as a header on every page, with the exception of the first page of the report.
- Footer: Specify if one of the edited text tools should be used as a footer on every page, with the exception of the first page of the report.
- Header/Footer edge distance: Specify the distance from the edge of the paper (in points) to display the Header and Footer. This setting ensures the Header and Footer information will be placed inside the printable area of the document. This specification is dependent on the output format and printer settings unique to your configuration.
- Show header and footer on first page: Specify if the header and footer is desired on the first page of the report by checking the box.
PNG Options (when Output mode is set to return a PNG image)
PNG output is limited to a size of 10,000x10,000 pixels or 100M pixels.
- Resolution: Specify the image resolution. Lower resolution creates a smaller file and is best for viewing on a monitor. Higher resolution creates a larger file with much better print quality.
- If Content Too Large: Specify what Alteryx should allow in the event the content of the report exceeds the dimensions of the paper size.
- Warn with the following behavior
- Error if the content is too large
- Allow with the following behavior
- Behavior if Too Large: Based on the specification set above, specify what should be done with content when it exceeds the paper size.
- Shrink Content to fit paper size
- Crop content to fit paper size
- Grow paper size to fit content
- Background: Set the transparency of the background of the rendered image.
- Transparent: When checked, anything that renders in the specified color will be set to transparent.
- Paper Size: Specify paper size from a variety of pre-configured sizes or create a custom size. When choosing custom, size boxes will appear allowing Size in Inches - Width x Height to be edited.
- Orientation: Specify Portrait or Landscape.
- Margins: Margins are set in inches. Specify the size of the margin in the four boxes for left, top, right and bottom margins.
- Default Styles: Click Edit Default Styles to open the Style Editor and specify text styles for all of the text (entered in the Text tool) for the entire report. The style editor will not overwrite styles that have been specifically set by the user in the Text tools.
Â©2017 Alteryx, Inc., all rights reserved. AllocateÂ®, AlteryxÂ®, GuzzlerÂ®, and SolocastÂ® are registered trademarks of Alteryx, Inc.