âShow Table of Contents
Salesforce Input Tool
The Salesforce Input tool allows you to query tables from Salesforce.com and read them into Alteryx.
IMPORTANT! This tool requires that your Salesforce account is âAPI Enabledâ. Contact your Salesforce administrator for assistance with granting your account API user permissions.
- URL: Enter your Salesforce URL in the following format: https://[instance].salesforce.com where [instance] refers to the specific server that pertains to your Salesforce environment. (For example: https://na9.salesforce.com).
The easiest way to determine your instance is to log in to Salesforce in a browser at https://login.salesforce.com. Once you are logged in you will be redirected to a URL that contains your instance.
- User Name: Enter your Salesforce user name associated with the Salesforce URL specified above. This is often an email address.
- Password: Enter your password for the Salesforce user name specified above. This information will be encrypted.
- Security Token: You may need to enter your Salesforce Security Token. This information will be encrypted. You can find instructions on how to get your security token from Salesforce Help.
- Connect: Click this button to establish a connection. If the credentials are accurate, the Configuration window will display.
Use Query Builder to browse for and select a Salesforce table, output fields, and other parameters. Use Custom Query to specify a table and parameters as a Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) query.
- Table: Click a table to read into Alteryx. Type in the search box to filter for a table or browse for a table by using the arrows â but you must click on a table name to register your selection. This list will only include queryable tables. Queryable here is a reference to a flag returned from the API. If this is set to false, then those tables will not be displayed in the list.
- Output Fields: Select the fields you wish to retrieve from the above table. When no fields are selected, all output fields will be returned. This field is optional.
- Record Limit: Enter the amount of rows to return. If left blank, all rows will be returned. This field is optional.
- WHERE Clause (SOQL): Specify a Query on the table specified above. Query language must be SOQL (Salesforce Object Query Language). This field is optional.
Type != Null AND BillingCity
the ACCOUNT standard table
- SOQL Query: Specify a custom SOQL statement in the text box.
If you previously selected a table using the Query Builder option, you will be prompted to load that query into Query Builder as a starting point.
- Attempt to Parse JSON Response: When selected, Alteryx will attempt to parse the query response and will display the parsed output in the Results window. If not selected, the response is output as a single field (called 'JSON'), which you can then parse with the JSON Parse tool.
- Validate: Click this button to submit the query to the Salesforce API to determine if the query is valid. Alteryx will also determine if the query results can be parsed. If Alteryx cannot parse the results, the response will be output as a single field (called 'JSON'), which you can then parse with the JSON Parse tool.
Â©2017 Alteryx, Inc., all rights reserved. AllocateÂ®, AlteryxÂ®, GuzzlerÂ®, and SolocastÂ® are registered trademarks of Alteryx, Inc.