âShow Table of Contents
The Email tool allows you to use a data stream to send emails for each record. This tool automatically detects an SMTP address, and will allow attachments or even e-mail generated reports.
Use a combination of the other reporting tools upstream to add text, images, maps and tables to your emails. See Reporting Tools.
The Email tool cannot be used in apps saved to the Alteryx Analytics Gallery.
The Email tool will always be the last tool to run in a workflow.
- Enabled: Selected by default. If not selected, the tool will be disabled and no emails will be sent, but the tool retains all other configuration properties.
- Autodetect SMTP: Control for detecting Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. The default is to Autodetect, however if the organization receiving the email has restrictive IT infrastructure and firewalls, the email will likely be blocked. In this case the SMTP server must be entered in manually. The SMTP setting uses port 25 by default.
If the SMTP server uses a port other than the default 25 then a colon and the port number should be appended to the server name.
It is recommended to specify SMTP whenever possible for better overall reliability. If using a specific SMTP server that is different from the recipient domain, errors will come back in an email to the sender from the System Administrator outlining the problem.
For the following settings, either type the relevant information in the field or select the Use Field option to select a field from your data stream that contains valid data.
- To: Recipient of the email. Must be a valid email address.
- Cc: Carbon copy recipients of the email. Must be a valid email address.
- Bcc: Blind carbon copy recipients of the email. Must be a valid email address.
- From: Sender of the email. Must be a valid email address.
- Subject: Subject line of the email.
- Attachments: Any additional files to be attached to the email. Email attachments have a 10 MB limit.
- Add: Click Add to specify each attachment to send with the email. You can either browse to the file location or use a field from your input stream that contains the file location of the attachment.
- Edit: Click Edit to change a previously specified attachment. The same options for Add are available on Edit.
- Delete: Click Delete to remove the attachment. If there are multiple attachments specified, highlight to select the attachment for deletion and hit Delete.
- Body: Body content of the email.
Multiple email addresses can be specified when separated by comma, space or semicolon.
Â©2017 Alteryx, Inc., all rights reserved. AllocateÂ®, AlteryxÂ®, GuzzlerÂ®, and SolocastÂ® are registered trademarks of Alteryx, Inc.