âShow Table of Contents
Error Message Tool
The Error Message tool displays an error message for an app or macro based on criteria in an expression. If an error message displays, downstream processing stops.
Use any of these methods to build an expression:
- Type directly in the expression editor.
- Click Variables to browse through variables that can be used in the expression. Double-click the variable to add it to the expression editor.
- Connections from Questions: Values from an Interface tool connected to the Question anchor of a tool with an expression editor, when the tool is used in an app or macro. Use the Question anchor when you want question values to be used as variables in the expression. See Interface Tools.
- Constants: Global variables for a workflow that make it possible to change a value in a single location and have that change apply to the rest of the workflow. See Constants.
- Click Functions to browse through categories of functions. Double-click the function to add it to the expression editor. See Functions.
- Click Saved Expressions to browse through recent and saved expressions. Double-click the expression to add it to the expression editor.
In the If Expression is true, display error message box, type the error message to display to the user.
Example: A user MUST specify an input file to run an Analytic App. The expression to test for is:
IsEmpty([#1]). If a user does not specify an input, they will receive an error message at runtime.
Â©2017 Alteryx, Inc., all rights reserved. AllocateÂ®, AlteryxÂ®, GuzzlerÂ®, and SolocastÂ® are registered trademarks of Alteryx, Inc.