âShow Table of Contents
Macro Input In-DB Tool
The Macro Input In-DB tool creates an In-DB input connection on a macro and populates it with placeholder values.
Why you would use this tool
The Macro Input In-DB tool is used to display In-DB input anchors on a macro tool that can be used with In-DB workflows.
An input anchor will appear on the macro tool for each Macro Input In-DB tool used in the macro workflow in the order they are brought onto the
canvas (left to right, or up to down). The input anchors can be re-ordered in the Interface Designer from the Tree view.
How to use this tool
- Drag a Macro Input In-DB tool from the Tool Palette onto the workflow canvas.
- With the Macro Input In-DB tool selected, configure the tool using the Configuration window on the left.
- Specify the Template Input. The Template Input allows the macro workflow to be a functioning workflow and determines the field requirements for end users of the macro tool.
- Connection Name: Specify the database to connect to. Click to select the type of connection to create. You can choose to set up a new connection or manage an existing one. Existing connections appear at the bottom of the list.
- New User Connection: Click to set up the database connection at the user level.
- New System Connection: Click to set up the database connection at the machine level.
- Manage Existing Connections: Click to make edits to a connection that has already been set up.
- Existing Connections: Click the name of a connection from the list of connections that have already been set up.
- Table or Query: Displays the name of the selected table in the database once the connection has been configured. Click Query Builder to easily select tables and construct queries. The Choose Table or Specify Query box displays.
You must be an admin to create In-DB system connections.
Input Name: The Input Name will be visible to the end user when they configure the macro tool.
Anchor Abbreviation: This optional parameter will display an abbreviation on the input anchor of the macro tool.
Show Field Map: When this option is checked, and the macro tool is added to a workflow, the end user will be asked to select the fields that match up with those in the Template Input specified in step 4.
Â©2017 Alteryx, Inc., all rights reserved. AllocateÂ®, AlteryxÂ®, GuzzlerÂ®, and SolocastÂ® are registered trademarks of Alteryx, Inc.