âShow Table of Contents
Write Data In-DB Tool
Use the In-DB stream to create or update a table directly in the database.
How to use this tool
- Drag a Write In-DB tool from the Tool Palette onto the workflow canvas.
- Connect another In-DB tool's output to the input of the Write In-DB tool.
- With the Write In-DB tool selected, configure the tool using the Configuration window on the left.
- Creation Mode: Select the appropriate option for writing the data. Choices include:
Table Name: Enter the name of the database table to create or update.
Append Fields Mapping: this area becomes active when Append Existing or Delete Data & Append is chosen above.
- Append Existing: Appends all the data to an existing table. Output will consist of Records Before + Records After.
- Delete Data & Append: Deletes all the original records from the table and then appends the data into the existing table.
- Overwrite Table (Drop): Completely drops the existing table and creates a new one.
- Create New Table: Creates a new table. Will not overwrite an existing table.
- Create Temporary Table: Writes to a temporary table that is available until the end of the session. This option is useful for building In-DB predictive macros because it holds the metadata in place temporarily. If this option is selected, the Table Name field is disabled and displays â[a unique temporary table name is generated on each run]".
- Choose the preferred configuration mode. Choices are:
When Fields are Different: Select how to handle nonconforming data fields from the options using the drop-down.
- Auto Config by Name: Aligns fields by field name.
- Auto Config by Position: Aligns fields by their field order in the stream.
- Error - Stop Processing: will throw an error in the Results window, and end the schema.
- Output Applicable Fields: Applicable fields will be included. Null values will populate empty fields.
Â©2017 Alteryx, Inc., all rights reserved. AllocateÂ®, AlteryxÂ®, GuzzlerÂ®, and SolocastÂ® are registered trademarks of Alteryx, Inc.