âShow Table of Contents
Data Stream In Tool
Bring data from the Alteryx Designer into the In-DB workflow.
How to use this tool
- Drag a Data Stream In tool from the Tool Palette onto the workflow canvas.
- With the Data Stream In tool selected, configure the tool using the Configuration window on the left.
- Connection Name: Click the drop-down to create a new connection, manage an existing connection, or select a connection from the list of connections that have already been set up.
Creation Mode: Select the appropriate option for writing the data. Choices include:
- Manage Connections: Click to create, edit, or delete a connection.
- Open File Connection: Click to browse to a saved database connection file.
Table Name: Enter the name of the database table to create or update. If the Create Temporary Table option is selected, the Table Name field is disabled and displays â[a unique temporary table name is generated on each run]".
- Create Temporary Table: Writes to a temporary table that is available until the end of the session. This option is useful for building In-DB predictive macros because it holds the metadata in place temporarily. If this option is selected, the Table Name field is disabled and displays â[a unique temporary table name is generated on each run]".
- Create New Table: Creates a new table. Will not overwrite an existing table.
If an HDFS Avro option is selected, the avro.schema.literal fails at 4000 characters and an error will occur on the table creation. Try reducing the character length of the column names, or selecting fewer columns.
- Overwrite Table (Drop): Completely drops the existing table and creates a new one.
To use this tool with Oracle, you must at least have permissions to write to the tempspace assigned to GLOBAL TEMPORARY. Contact your DBA.
For more information, see Connecting to a Database and Managing an Existing Database Connection.
Â©2017 Alteryx, Inc., all rights reserved. AllocateÂ®, AlteryxÂ®, GuzzlerÂ®, and SolocastÂ® are registered trademarks of Alteryx, Inc.