âShow Table of Contents
Union In-DB Tool
The Union In-DB tool combines two or more In-DB data streams with similar data structures based on field names or field positions. In the output, each column will contain the data from each input.
How to use this tool
- Drag a Union In-DB tool from the Tool Palette onto the workflow canvas.
- Connect one or more In-DB tool's output to the input of the Union In-DB tool.
- With the Union In-DB tool selected, configure the tool using the Configuration window on the left.
- Choose the preferred configuration mode. Choices are:
When Fields are Different: Select how to handle nonconforming data fields from the dropdown. Choices are:
- Auto Config by Name: Aligns fields by field name.
- Auto Config by Position: Aligns fields by their field order in the stream.
- Error - Stop Processing Records: will throw an error in the Results window, and end the schema.
- Output All Fields: All fields will be included. Null values will populate empty fields.
- Output Common Subset of Fields: Only the fields that each input has in common will be outputted.
Â©2017 Alteryx, Inc., all rights reserved. AllocateÂ®, AlteryxÂ®, GuzzlerÂ®, and SolocastÂ® are registered trademarks of Alteryx, Inc.