âShow Table of Contents
The Map tool will display an interactive map for the user to draw or select map objects in an app or macro. The map selection made by the user is passed to downstream tools.
This tool has an optional input connector See below for more information.
- Enter the text or question to be displayed: The text here will be presented to the user instructing them how to use the Map control.
- Base Map: The App Author can specify the Base Map (background map layers) they would like to present to the App Consumer.
To display a drop down list of available Base Maps to the user, configure a Drop Down tool with 'Reference Base Maps' as the List Values and connect it to the input connector of the Map tool.
- Select/Draw: The App Author can specify the number of features they would like the App Consumer to be able to either select or draw. Options are to limit to 1 Feature or allow 1 or More features.
- Zoom To: The App Author can specify the initial zoom to present to the App Consumer. The options include:
- Default: The zoom displays the entire continental US.
- Custom: The zoom can be customized using the Select Map Bounds zoom window.
- Edit Bounds: The App Author can zoom to the desired level they would like to present to the App Consumer. Use the pan and zoom controls to position the map and click OK to save the custom zoom. When the end user runs the app, the map will display at this zoom but they will still be able to zoom and pan the map from the app interface.
- Reference File: The zoom is based on the reference map file specified.
- Reference Layer: The App Author can also specify a reference layer for the consumer to use. Options include:
- None: No reference layer is used.
- File Browse Question: Requires a File Browse question to associate the Map file browse with.
- Reference File: The reference file and a label can be specified.
- Mode: Two modes are supported:
- Select from Reference Layer: The App Consumer will be allowed to select objects from a layer of the App Author's choosing. The selected objects will be used as the input to the app.
- Draw: The App Author specifies the feature type/s they would like the App Consumer to use, which can include points, lines, and/or polygons. The App Author can also specify if they would like the App Consumer to be able to label the drawn features.
Â©2017 Alteryx, Inc., all rights reserved. AllocateÂ®, AlteryxÂ®, GuzzlerÂ®, and SolocastÂ® are registered trademarks of Alteryx, Inc.