Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016
|Type of Support:||Read & Write, In-Database
|Validated On:||Database version 8,10, 11, 12, 13
ODBC Driver 11, 13, 13.1 for SQL Server
SQL Server Native Client 10, 11
|Connection Type:||ODBC, OLEDB (32- and 64-bit)|
Download SQL Server ODBC and OLEDB drivers from Microsoft.
Bulk write support is available for standard and in-database workflows.
In-Database processing requires 64-bit database drivers.
Alteryx tools used to connect
- Input Data Tool and Output Data Tool (For standard workflow processing)
- Connect In-DB Tool and Data Stream In Tool (For In-Database workflow processing)
Connecting to SQL Server
Database Version: 8.00
- Maximum Columns In Table: 1024
- Maximum Column Name Length: 128 characters
- Maximum Row Size: 8060 bytes ( does not include LOB size )
ODBC (Client Version: 6.01.7601.17514)
- LOB data must all be at the end of the select. If user enters a SQL statement that doesn't have them at the end of the statement they get an error, "This ODBC driver requires that all BLOB fields be at the end of the select.". A "select * from table" will move all the LOBs to the end.