Dynamic Select Tool
The Dynamic Select tool allows fields to be selected (or de-selected) either by field type or via a formula. Additionally dynamic or unknown fields will also be selected by field type or via formula at runtime. This tool requires an input.
Look at the Data Statistics App C:\Program Files\Alteryx\bin\RuntimeData\Analytic_Apps for a good example of usage.
Configure the tool
Choose the mode for field selection. There are two modes for selection:
Use the Formula Processor to construct the expression that results in field selection. To select fields containing ID:
The following field information data fields are available for building the expression:
- Name: Field names within the data stream
- Type: Type of Data Field
- Size: Length of the data field
- Scale: With respect to Fixed Decimal data types , scale refers to the digits of precision.
- Source: Contains the tool or the file the field came from. May also contain additional Metainfo such as a specific dataset from a plugin. The tools that report metainfo include the Allocate Input Tool, Allocate Append Tool, CASS Tool, and Street Geocoder Tool, and tools that calculate drivetime such as a Trade Area Tool, Distance Tool, and Find Nearest Tool.
- Description: May not contain information. If data is appended from Allocate for example, the descriptive longer field name is contained here. Additionally the user can add their own field description via the Select Tool and the information stays associated with the field.
- IsNumeric: Boolean value tests for a number data type - Integer, fixed decimal, float, double, etc.
- IsFloat: Boolean value tests for a float data type.
- IsInteger: Boolean value tests for an Integer data type.
- IsStringOrDate: Boolean value tests for any string or any date data type.
- IsDateOrTime: Boolean value tests for any date or Time data type.
- IsDate: Boolean value tests for any Date data type.
- IsBinary: Boolean value tests for a Binary data type.
- IsSpatialObj: Boolean value tests for a Spatial data type.
FieldNumber: Field number position.Data fields appear in this order: A, B, C. FieldNumber==1 returns Field A.
Boolean value tests for a string data type - String, V_String, WString, V_WString.