Macro Input In-DB Tool
The Macro Input In-DB tool creates an In-DB input connection on a macro and populates it with placeholder values.
An input anchor will appear on the macro tool for each Macro Input In-DB tool used in the macro workflow in the order they are brought onto the canvas (left to right, or up to down). The input anchors can be re-ordered in the Interface Designer Window from the Tree view.
In-Database enables blending and analysis against large sets of data without moving the data out of a database and can provide significant performance improvements over traditional analysis methods. For more about the In-Database tool category, see In-Database Overview.
Configure the tool
- Specify the Template Input (For Test as a Standard Workflow). The Template Input allows the macro workflow to be a functioning workflow and determines the field requirements for end users of the macro tool.
- Connection Name: Specify the database to connect to. Click to select the type of connection to create.
- Manage Connections: Click to make edits to a connection that has already been set up or to create a new connection. See Manage In-DB Connections .
- Open File Connections: Click to browse to a file.
- Table or Query: Displays the name of the selected table in the database once the connection has been configured. Click Query Builder to easily select tables and construct queries in the Choose Table or Specify Query Window.
You must have administrator privileges to create In-DB system connections.