Write Data In-DB Tool
Use the In-DB stream to create or update a table directly in the database.
In-Database enables blending and analysis against large sets of data without moving the data out of a database and can provide significant performance improvements over traditional analysis methods. For more about the In-Database tool category, see In-Database Overview.
Configure the tool
- Creation Mode: Select the appropriate option for writing the data. Choices include:
- Append Existing: Appends all the data to an existing table. Output will consist of Records Before + Records After.
- Delete Data & Append: Deletes all the original records from the table and then appends the data into the existing table.
- Overwrite Table (Drop): Completely drops the existing table and creates a new one.
- Create New Table: Creates a new table. Will not overwrite an existing table.
- Create Temporary Table: Writes to a temporary table that is available until the end of the session. This option is useful for building In-DB predictive macros because it holds the metadata in place temporarily. If this option is selected, the Table Name field is disabled and displays “[a unique temporary table name is generated on each run]".
- Choose the preferred configuration mode. Choices are:
- Auto Config by Name: Aligns fields by field name.
- Auto Config by Position: Aligns fields by their field order in the stream.
- Error - Stop Processing: will throw an error in the Results window, and end processing.
- Output Applicable Fields: Applicable fields will be included. Null values will populate empty fields.