Parse Address Tool
The Parse Address tool breaks down any street address into its component parts, such as street number, street name, suffix, and others. A single parse candidate is returned.
Last line data, containing the city, state, and ZIP code, can also be parsed using this tool, which can be useful when address data is submitted as lines of plain text instead of discrete fields.
The Address Parse tool uses the CASS library, a separate data install that is only available with the Alteryx Spatial offering. While the CASS library installation is required, you do not have to run it through the CASS Tool to parse the address data.
Configure the tool
- Select the Address Field to parse.
- Select the Last Line Field (Optional) field to parse. This is an Optional field.
- Determine how many candidates should be parsed for each record:
- Output Single Parse Candidate: Each record gets parsed and a single record is returned. This option typically returns the best parse candidate, but may not when there are multiple candidates.
- Output All Parse Candidates: Each record gets parsed and every possible candidate gets returned. If a record has multiple ways of being parsed, each method returns a record on output.
|CASSParse_CA_DeliveryInstallation||Canada Addresses only. Returns the delivery installation, which is the post office facility responsible for delivering to the current address. It is often used for rural addresses or when multiple post offices service the same municipality.|
|CASSParse_CA_LockBox||Canada Addresses only. Returns the lock box, which is the Canadian equivalent of a US Post Office. The two terms are used interchangeably in Canada.|
|CASSParse_CA_RouteService||Canada Addresses only. Returns the route service information, which is a term equivalent to a Rural Route address.|
|CASSParse_City||If using the Last Line Field, returns the city name.|
A string with a maximum of 50 characters containing any characters left over after the address has been parsed.
Common items found in this field are community center names, names of individuals, or additional delivery instructions.
If using the Last Line Field, returns the 4-digit ZIP code appendage.
The CASS Address Parse tool does NOT do any address checking. Therefore, if the input address does not contain a recognizable four-digit ZIP add-on, there will be no value returned in this field.
A string with a maximum of 2 characters containing abbreviations of geographical directions that follow the street name.
Values include N NE E SE S SW W NW
In the address 100 N Main St E, this field holds E.
A string with a maximum of 2 characters containing abbreviations of geographical directions that precede the street name.
Values include N NE E SE S SW W NW
In the address 100 N Main St E, this field holds N.
|CASSParse_PrivateMailboxName||A string containing the mailbox name. The private mailbox number portion is returned if the input address contains the "PMB" abbreviation.|
|CASSParse_PrivateMailboxNumber||A string containing the mailbox number. The private mailbox name portion is returned if the input address contains the "PMB" abbreviation.|
|CASSParse_Range||A string with a maximum of 10 characters containing the delivery number of the parsed address.|
|CASSParse_State||If using the Last Line Field, returns the state name abbreviation.|
|CASSParse_StreetName||A string with a maximum of 28 characters containing the street name of the input address.|
A string with a maximum of 4 characters containing the suffix portion of the input address. Values could include:
ST RD AVE BLVD CIR PL
A string with a maximum of 4 characters containing the name of the secondary unit. Possible return values are:
# APT BLDG BOX BSMT DEPT FL FRNT HNGR LBBY LOT LOWR OFC PH PIER REAR RM SIDE SLIP PSC STE STOP TRLR UNIT UPPR
|CASSParse_SuiteNumber||A string with a maximum of 6 characters containing the range of the suite unit of the input address.|
|CASSParse_Zip||If using the Last Line Filed, returns the ZIP Code.|
Use the check boxes in the selection list or the buttons on the right to select your desired output.
- Select All: All available outputs are selected.
- U.S. Default: Outputs that are commonly useful for analysis of U.S. data are selected. This includes all outputs except for the CASSParse_CA options.
- Canada Default: Outputs that are commonly useful for analysis of Canadian data are selected. This includes all outputs.
- Clear All: No outputs are selected.