Gzip File Support
.cydb, .dbf, .kml, .grc, .grd, .qvx, .sas7bdat, .sav, .sz, .xlsm, .xlsx, .xlsx (legacy), .xls, .xml, .avro, .csv, .json, .yxdb
- If the files being extracted exceed 2GB, select the Allow Extraction of Files >2GB from the Input Data tool's Configuration window.
- Designer supports a 15 to 1 compression rate for the Gzip layer. Verify that you have 15 times the compression rate.
If your compressed Gzip file is 1GB, make sure that you have 15GB of space available on your hard drive.
- Gzip files are not supported in Alteryx Gallery.
- Select the Gzip file to access. See
Input Data Tool.
The Extract File window opens. Designer scans all files within the *.gz or *.tgz file and generates a list of discovered formats.
- From Select File Type to Extract, select the format for Designer to display in the Files list.
Select Other Files to show a list of all files found within the .tar.gz file, including files with no extension or an unrecognized extension, such as .txt or .log.
- Under Select Files, select one or more files to bring in to Designer.
- You can select multiple files, but Designer can only parse the files in a single format.
- When you select multiple files, Designer uses the first file to determine the schema (number of fields, data types, etc.). For subsequent files, Designer performs the following validation:
- If the number of fields is not equal, the file is skipped and a warning is generated. If equal, the next check is performed.
- If the data types are not equal, the file is skipped and a warning is generated. If equal, the next check is performed.
- If the field names are not equal, the file will still be read, but a warning is generated.
From Parse Other Files As, select the format to use when parsing the selected files.
- Click Open.