The Email tool allows you to use a data stream to send emails for each record. This tool allows attachments and email generated reports. The Email tool is always the last tool to run in a workflow.
Use a combination of the other reporting tools upstream to add text, images, maps, and tables to your emails. See Reporting Tools.
Configure the tool
- Enabled: Selected by default. If not selected, the tool will be disabled and no emails will be sent, but the tool retains all other configuration properties.
- SMTP: Enter your SMTP server manually. The SMTP setting uses port 25 by default.
If the SMTP server uses a port other than the default 25, append a colon and the port number to the server name.
If using a specific SMTP server that is different from the recipient domain, errors come back in an email to the sender from the System Administrator outlining the problem.
Removed functionality: Autodetect SMTP
To address security concerns, the Autodetect SMTP capability has been removed. Existing workflows that use the capability are still functional.
For the following settings, either type the relevant information in the field or select the Use Field option to select a field from your data stream that contains valid data. Multiple email addresses can be specified when separated by comma, space, or semicolon.
- To: Recipient of the email. Must be a valid email address.
- Cc: Carbon copy recipients of the email. Must be a valid email address.
- Bcc: Blind carbon copy recipients of the email. Must be a valid email address.
- From: Sender of the email. Must be a valid email address.
- Subject: Subject line of the email.
- Attachments: Any additional files to be attached to the email. Email attachments have a 10 MB limit.
- Add: Click to specify each attachment to send with the email. You can either browse to the file location or use a field from your input stream that contains the file location of the attachment.
- Edit: Click to change a previously specified attachment. The same options for Add are available on Edit.
- Delete: Click to remove the attachment. If there are multiple attachments specified, highlight to select the attachment for deletion and hit Delete.
- Body: Body content of the email.