Reverse Geocoder Tool
The Reverse Geocoder tool coordinates latitude and longitude locations by querying and downloading data from the TomTom Reverse Geocoder API. The Reverse Geocoder tool produces a record-for-record reverse geocode result which includes formatted address fields and latitude/longitude coordinates. In addition, a summary output is produced that provides a count of records that were successfully and unsuccessfully reverse geocoded.
Use the Reverse Geocoder tool to assign address data to a spatial object or coordinates. This information can then be used to carry out further geography-based analysis.
This tool is a macro that requires a separate data install and license. To use this tool, contact your Account Executive.
Configure the tool
- On the Input tab, choose how to input the coordinates.
- Single Field: Select the field that contains the latitude and longitude separated by a comma. For example: “-37.1345, 145.4342”
- Multiple Fields: Select the field that contains the latitude and select the field that contains the longitude.
- Spatial Object Field: Select the field that contains a spatial object data type.
View the outputs
- G anchor: Geocode. Displays the reverse geocoded records, which includes the original data records and address fields along with the additional fields selected to output.
- S anchor: Summary. Displays a data summary, which includes the result and count.
|FreeformAddress||Contains all parts of the address.|
|StreetNumber||Number/alpha reference number assigned to the position on the street of the delivery point.|
|StreetName||Name of the thoroughfare for the passage of people or vehicles that the delivery point is located on.|
|MunicipalitySubdivision||Group of geographically associated streets the urban delivery point is located in.|
|Municipality||Geographically associated area with a name and defined boundary the delivery point is located in or associated with.|
|CountrySecondarySubdivision||Administrative division of a Country Subdivision.|
|CountrySubdivision||Codes for identifying the principal subdivisions (e.g. states or territories) of all countries coded in ISO 3166-1.|
|Country||The country the delivery point is located in or associated with.|
|CountryCode||Two-letter country codes defined in ISO 3166-1 to represent countries, dependent territories, and special areas of geographical interest.|
|CountryCodeISO3||Three-letter country codes defined in ISO 3166-1 to represent countries, dependent territories, and special areas of geographical interest.|
|PostalCode||Group of characters representing the delivery point or the group of delivery points the delivery point belongs to.|
|Lat/Lon Output||Coordinates for the output address.|
|Successful||Record was successfully reverse geocoded. An address was found for the coordinates provided.|
|Unsuccessful||Record was unsuccessfully reverse geocoded. An address could not be matched to the coordinates provided.|