Load Metadata from Salesforce
Use the Salesforce Loader to upload metadata to Alteryx Connect from Salesforce.
Review Loader Requirements
The Alteryx Connect Loaders must be installed on the machine where Alteryx Server is installed. To install the loaders:
- Download the loaders installer. For compatibility, the Loaders installer version must match the Alteryx Connect version.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
- Your Salesforce account must be set to “API Enabled”. Contact your Salesforce administrator for assistance with granting your account API user permissions. For more information, see the Salesforce Help - User Permissions.
Open the Loader
- Open Alteryx Designer.
- Click Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > Salesforce Loader > Salesforce Loader.
Run the App
- Click Run as Analytic App .
In the Salesforce tab:
- Type the Salesforce connection information, including server URL, credentials, and token.
- In Load only listed objects, optionally specify a comma-separated list of objects. Leave blank to load all objects.
- Optionally select to Load only custom objects and Load picklist values.
In the Alteryx Connect tab, type the URL for your Alteryx Connect instance and your credentials.
Before running the app, click and save the app configuration to the following directory:
The .yxwv app values file is used for scheduling the loader to run in the Gallery. See Schedule Metadata Loaders.
- Click Finish to run the app.
- If the run succeeds, "Success" appears in the App Results window.
- If the run fails, a "There were Errors" message appears.
Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take a long time to run.
View the Metadata
- Go to the Alteryx Connect URL and log in.
- From the main menu, click Data Sources > Applications > your application name.
- Select a folder to view its contents.