Permissions in Connect are set on the level of a data asset (e.g. folder, homepage...) and are inherited to its children.
These are the following permissions types:
- Admin: User can perform administrative tasks in Administration Console.
- Remove: User has the right to remove a data asset (move object from one location into another).
- Completeremove: User has the right to remove a data asset and its children.
- Createchild: User has the right to create a child of a current data asset.
- Edit: User has the right to edit a data asset.
- View: User has the right to view a data asset.
- Createcomment: User has the right to create comments related to a data asset.
- Editcomment: User has the right to edit comments related to a data asset.
- Deletecomment: User has the right to delete comments related to a data asset.
Permissions can be assigned to a user or to a group (recommended).
Connect has built-in groups, such as:
- Administrators: Users with administration permissions.
- Certifiers: Users with permission to certify assets.
- Contributors: Default group. Users with editing permission.
- Readers: Group with basic permissions.
Review or Edit Permission for an Asset
- Navigate to a data asset for which you would like to see or change permissions. You can navigate to see the permissions of a folder, subfolder, or directly of a certain data asset.
- Click the Action drop-down arrow and select Permissions.
- A window with a permission table pops up. In the Inherited permission table you can see all the inherited permissions for this data asset.
Note: By default, a data asset is set to inherit the permissions of its parent.
- Below the Inherited permission table you can see the list of all actions. Click in any field to add a user groups or individual users to a permission level.
- Once all permission changes have been made, click Save. The changes you made will be visible in the list of all actions.