Quick Start with Connect Loader SDK
To create a custom loader for Connect:
Download and install:
- the latest version of Alteryx Connect.
- the latest Connect Loaders package.
Using Alteryx Designer, create a new workflow.
- Use the Connect Json Builder tool to build JSON out of your incoming dataset.
- Use the Connect Output tool to push JSON to Alteryx Connect.
Loader Workflow Guidelines
Adhere to the following guidelines for a consistent loader experience.
- Align workflow elements to improve readability.
- Group similar elements, such as credentials.
- Check input values for expected patterns, such as URLs containing "http://"
- Use the Input Data tool to connect to the database rather than the Dynamic Input tool to ensure a consistent toolset experience when working with the metadata loaders.
- Create wireless connections from input parameters, such as credentials, to improve legibility.
- Verify that every loader has sample data to show full capabilities of the connector, including the UI elements to display in Connect.
- Each workflow is in a separate sub-directory containing the workflow and the related sample data.
Quick Start Examples
Configuration Files: An example demonstrating how to create and manually upload configuration files to Connect.
Configuration File Upload Workflow: An example demonstrating how to upload configurations to Connect via the REST API.
Data Upload Workflow: An example demonstrating the transfer of metadata from Designer to Connect.