On the Users page, you can add and manage Gallery users. Manage user permissions in the user's profile and their assigned Subscription (Studio).
If your Gallery uses Integrated Windows Authentication, manage user access and permissions on the Permissions page.
Access the Gallery Admin Interface
Access the Gallery Admin interface directly via the following URL: [BaseAddress]/gallery/admin
You can also access the Gallery Admin interface via Gallery. To do so, select your username in the upper-right corner and select Admin.
To manage users, select Users on the Admin toolbar.
Gallery users can have one of the following roles:
- Curator (aka Admin): Curators can access the Admin interface to perform administrative tasks. Curators also have all the privileges of an Artisan.
- Artisan: Artisans can publish, run, and share Workflows in their Private Studio and shared Collections.
- Viewer: Viewers can run Workflows in the Public Gallery.
In addition to the above user roles, users can be granted membership access to run Workflows in a Subscription (Studio). A Member can also run Workflows that are shared with them via Collections. Artisans or Curators must grant memberships.
Create a New User
- On the Users page, select Add New User.
Integrated Windows Authentication
The Add New User button is not present if your Gallery is set up to use Integrated Windows Authentication.
Within a Gallery that uses SAML Authentication, the Add New User button is available to add and configure users. The user must still be configured in the identity provider (IdP) before they can sign in to the Gallery.
- Enter the user's first name in the First Name field.
- Enter the user's last name in the Last Name field.
- Enter a valid email address in the Email field. Server sends notifications to the address.
- Complete any additional user info fields you wish to populate.
- Select No for the Curator setting to assign the default Viewer role. Viewers can run Workflows in the Public Gallery. Select Yes, to make the user a Curator (Gallery Admin). An Admin can perform all administrative tasks in the Gallery. Viewers can be changed to Artisans by changing their Subscription Type in the user's Studio to Paid.
- Select Yes for Can Schedule to allow the user to schedule Workflows to run at a scheduled time. Note, Workflow scheduling must also be enabled on the Jobs page in order for a user to be able to schedule jobs.
- Select Yes for Can Prioritize to allow the user to prioritize a job. When there are multiple jobs in the queue, the job with the highest priority will run first.
- Select Yes for Can Tag Jobs to allow the user to assign a specific worker to run a Workflow.
- Select Yes for Can Create Collections to allow the user to create Collections to share Workflows.
- (Optional) In Subscription Id, enter or paste a Studio Subscription Key. If left blank, the user will be assigned their own Private Studio. If you wish to have the user share a Studio with another user, paste the corresponding Subscription Key.
- If you disabled the Gallery Sign Up form, enter a password for the user in the Password and the Re-enter Password fields.
- Select Save.
The new user is added to the Users page. The user's name, email address (for built-in authentication), Role, assigned Studio, Collection Count, and Join Date display in the user list.
Edit a User
- Select a user.
- The following user info and permissions can be changed:
- Change the user's profile information.
- Select Yes or No for the Curator setting to give or revoke a user's admin permissions.
- Select Yes or No for the Schedule Jobs setting to give or revoke permission to schedule jobs.
- Select Yes or No for the Prioritize Jobs setting to give or revoke permission to prioritize jobs.
- Select Yes or No for the Assign Jobs setting to give or revoke permission to assign jobs.
- Select Yes or No for the Create Collections setting to give or revoke permission to create collections jobs.
- Select No for the Active setting to deactivate a user's account.
- Select Reset Password to reset the user's password. SMTP must be configured to use the Reset Password option.
- Copy and paste the Subscription Key for a Subscription (Studio) in the Subscription Id field to move the user to another Subscription (Studio).
- Click Save.
Deactivate a User
To revoke a user's access to Gallery, deactivate their user account. You cannot delete a Gallery user's account. To deactivate a user, select the user and Select No for the Active setting.
Reset a User Password
- Select the user.
- On the Edit User page, select Reset Password.
- Select OK.
The user receives an email with a link to reset their password.
Integrated Windows Authentication
This option is not available if the Gallery is configured to use Integrated Windows Authentication.
For Built-In Authentication, SMTP must be configured to use the Reset Password option.
Enable User Registration
By default, users are not allowed to sign up for access to your company's private Gallery. To allow users to sign up for your company's private Gallery, select Yes for Enable user registration.
This option does not apply if the Gallery is configured to use Integrated Windows Authentication.
When a user clicks Sign In on the Gallery, the Sign In area displays, but the Sign Up form does not. When the Sign Up form is disabled, new users must be added by an Admin.