Server Processes Reference
Last modified: March 27, 2020
Use this list of Server processes for whitelisting, troubleshooting and performance monitoring. Note, not all processes will be present depending on your Server configuration.
Server Processes for Supported Versions up to 2019.4
- AlteryxGui.exe - Primary Designer process.
- AlteryxEngineCmd.exe - Alteryx Engine, an on-demand process that executes workflows.
- AlteryxCEFRenderer.exe - Alteryx Chromium Embedded Framework implementation. Used to render most HTML/JS content within Designer.
- AlteryxService.exe - Primary Alteryx Server process. Acts as the Controller and is also responsible for startup and shutdown of all sub processes.
- AlteryxCloudCmd.exe - Custom web server based on .net and backing into http.sys.
- AlteryxAuthorizationService.exe - Authentication service for SAML.
- AlteryxService_MapRenderWorker.exe - Renders map tiles for use in the web user interface.
- AlteryxService_MongoController.exe - MongoDB watch-dog service. Starts and stops MongoDB.
- AlteryxMetrics.exe - Telemetry data aggregator.
- mongod.exe - Daemon process for Embedded MongoDB.