Load Metadata from an Alteryx Promote Node
Use the Alteryx Promote Loader to upload metadata to Alteryx Connect for a specified Promote account.
Review Loader Requirements
The Alteryx Connect Loaders must be installed on the machine where Alteryx Server is installed. To install the loaders:
- Download the loaders installer. For compatibility, the Loaders installer version must match the Alteryx Connect version.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
The Promote loader requires an API key. After logging into the Promote node:
- Click your account picture in the top-right corner.
- Select My Account.
- Copy your API key.
Open the Loader
- Open Alteryx Designer.
- Click Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > Promote Loader > Promote Loader.
Run the App
Click Run as Analytic App .
In the Promote node tab:
- Type the Promote URL.
- Type the Promote Username.
- Enter the Promote API key.
In the Alteryx Connect tab, type the URL for your Alteryx Connect instance and your credentials.
Before running the app, click and save the app configuration to the following directory:
The .yxwv app values file is used for scheduling the loader to run in the Gallery. See Schedule Metadata Loaders.
- Click Finish to run the app.
- If the run succeeds, "Success" appears in the App Results window.
- If the run fails, a "There were Errors" message appears.
Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take a long time to run.
View the Metadata
- Go to the Alteryx Connect URL and log in.
- From the main menu, click Data Sources > Promote Models.
- Select a folder to view its contents.