Load Metadata from a SAP HANA Database
Use the SAP HANA Loader to upload metadata to Alteryx Connect from a specified SAP HANA Database.
Review Loader Requirements
The Alteryx Connect Loaders must be installed on the machine where Alteryx Server is installed. To install the loaders:
- Download the loaders installer. For compatibility, the Loaders installer version must match the Alteryx Connect version.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
To successfully connect, install a SAP HANA ODBC driver.
Open the Loader
- Open Alterx Designer.
- Click Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > SAP HANA Loader > SAP HANA Loader.
Run the App
Click Run as Analytic App .
- In the SAP HANA server tab:
- Type the SAP HANA connection information, including SAP HANA Server, Port, Username, and Password.
- In Schema to load, optionally specify a comma-separated list of databases. Leave blank to load all databases.
In the Alteryx Connect tab, type the URL for your Alteryx Connect instance and your credentials.
Before running the app, click and save the app configuration to the following directory:
The .yxwv app values file is used for scheduling the loader to run in the Gallery. See Schedule Metadata Loaders.
- Click Finish to run the app.
- If the run succeeds, "Success" appears in the App Results window.
- If the run fails, a "There were Errors" message appears.
Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take a long time to run.
View the Metadata
- Go to the Alteryx Connect URL and log in.
- From the main menu, click Data Sources > Databases.
- Select a folder to view its contents.