Join In-DB Tool
The Join In-DB tool combines two In-DB data streams based on common fields by performing an outer or inner join. Use this tool to blend two database tables.
In-Database enables blending and analysis against large sets of data without moving the data out of a database and can provide significant performance improvements over traditional analysis methods. For more about the In-Database tool category, see In-Database Overview.
How to use this tool
- Each Input will have a drop down list of its fields. Select the Join Fields for each input using the Left and Right dropdowns. Designer automatically selects a join field from an input if the same field name is already selected from a different input.
- If multiple join fields are desired, an additional row of join fields can be configured. Simply click on the drop down to choose additional join field per input.
- To delete a join field, click on the number on the left hand side and click the delete button on the right.
- String fields can only be joined to other string fields.
- Numeric fields can only be joined to other numeric fields.
- Boolean fields can only be joined to other boolean fields.
- DateTime fields types can only be joined to their exact type.
- Spatial fields cannot be joined; use the Spatial Match Tool instead.
- Blob fields cannot be joined to any other type.
- Warning: Joins on Double or Float are not recommended due to rounding error.
- Select the Join Type:
The Join tool restricts what field types can be joined together. Mismatching data types can result in error messages.
Inner Join: Contains only the records from the Left input that joined to records in the Right input.
Left Outer Join: Contains all records from the Left input including the records that joined with the Right input.
Right Outer Join: Contains all records from the Right input including the records that joined with the Left input.
Full Outer Join: Contains all records from both the Left and Right inputs.