Dynamics CRM Input Tool
Use the Dynamics CRM Input tool to read data from entities stored in a Microsoft Dynamics CRM instance to your Alteryx workflow.
This tool is not automatically installed with Alteryx Designer. To use this tool, download it from the Alteryx Analytics Gallery.
Configure the tool
- Open the Configuration window for the Dynamics CRM Input tool.
- In Organization URI, enter the base URL of the Dynamics CRM instance.
- In Azure Active Directory tenant ID, enter the unique identifier for the Azure Active Directory tenant associated with the Dynamics CRM instance. See Find your Office 365 tenant ID in the Microsoft Documentation.
- In Client ID, enter the application user role ID. See Azure Active Directory Setup.
- In Client secret key, enter the secret key for the application user role ID. See Azure Active Directory Setup.
- From Authentication type, select one of the following options:User login
Access to Dynamics CRM entities are based on the permissions granted to your user account.
- Click Login.
- Enter your Azure Active Directory user name and password.
Access to Dynamics CRM entities are based on the permissions granted to the security role associated with the application user role. See Azure Active Directory Setup.
After logging in, the Input Entity Configuration window displays.
- From Entity type, select the Dynamics CRM entity.
- In Max field length, enter the maximum length of anticipated data for a given field.
- (Optional) Select Limit the number of records returned, and enter the maximum number of records to be returned from Dynamics CRM.
- (Optional) Select Use a custom OData filter, and enter an expression to filter the records returned from Dynamics CRM. See Filter System Query Option in the OData Documentation.
If you enter an OData filter expression, exclude $filter=.