Multi-Row Formula Tool
The Multi-Row Formula tool takes the concept of the Formula tool a step further, allowing the user to utilize row data as part of the formula creation. This tool is useful for parsing complex data, and creating running totals, averages, percentages and other mathematical calculations.
The Multi-Row Formula tool can only update one field per tool instance. If you would like to update multiple fields, a Multi-Row Formula tool must be added to your workflow for each field to be updated.
Configure the tool
Choose to Update Existing Field or Create New Field. If creating a new field, enter a name and select the Type and Size.
Use Num Row to set the row variables that display as in the expression editor. When set to 1, the following variables display.
- Row - 1: The row before the active row.
- Row + 0: This is the Active Row. The active row is where the result will go into.
- Row + 1: The row after the active row.
When the Active row is the first row, you need to specify the Values for Rows that don't Exist.
- Null: Null values will be applied to nonexistent rows.
- 0 or Empty:The values will be set to 0 or left empty (default).
- Set to Values of Closest Valid Row: The values of the closest valid row will be set to the nonexistent rows.
Group by (Optional): Either select fields individually, or click All or Clear.
Build the expression that will update the chosen field. See Expression Editor.
Because this tool includes an expression editor, an additional input anchor displays when the tool is used in an app or macro workflow. Use the Interface tools to connect to a Question anchor. See Interface Tools.