Jobs (Schedules): Admin Interface
The Jobs page lists all scheduled and manually-run workflows that are actively processing or queued; these are referred to as jobs. Schedules are workflow runs that are planned by Gallery users. This article covers the options available to Curators (Gallery admins) on the Jobs page in the Gallery Admin interface. To learn more about schedule options for users within the Gallery interface, see the Schedules: User Interface article.
On the Jobs page, you can enable workflow scheduling in Gallery; this allows users with scheduling permission to schedule workflows to the Gallery while working in Designer or Gallery. You can also view the status of all jobs running in Gallery and manage schedules. The Jobs page does not display jobs running in Designer.
Access Gallery Admin Interface
Access the Gallery Admin interface directly via the following URL: [BaseAddress]/gallery/admin
You can also access the Gallery Admin interface via Gallery. To do so, select your username and select Admin.
To manage jobs (schedules), select Jobs on the Admin toolbar.
Jobs Page Overview
To go to the page, select Jobs on the Admin interface toolbar. The Jobs page contains three tabs:
- Status: Displays all Jobs that are currently running or queued in your Gallery. Jobs may be scheduled or manually run. Jobs can be run one at a time or simultaneously based on the configuration of your Alteryx Server. See Worker to learn more about these configuration options.
- Scheduled Workflows: Displays all Schedules set up for Gallery workflows. Edit, disable, or delete Schedules on this tab.
- Migrate: Displays Schedules saved to a controller. From here, you can select Schedules to migrate from the controller to the Gallery and assign a Gallery user to own each Schedule.
First, select Yes to turn on the Gallery-level setting Enable users to schedule workflows on the Jobs page of the Admin interface.
Next, each user must have permission to schedule workflows. To enable users to schedule workflows to run in Gallery, follow the below steps.
- Select Users on the Admin interface toolbar.
- Select the User.
- In the Actions panel, select Yes for the Schedule Jobs permission.
- Select Save.
Users on the same subscription can share Schedules. To enable shared Schedules, follow the below steps.
- Select Subscriptions on the Admin interface toolbar.
- Select the Subscription.
- Select Yes for Shared Schedules Enabled.
- Select Save.
Cancel a Job
- On the Status tab, find the job you want to cancel.
- Select the cancel job icon on the far right of the job you want to cancel.
Canceling a scheduled job cancels that occurrence. The job will run again at the next scheduled time.
Edit a Schedule
- On the Scheduled Workflows tab, find the job you want to edit.
- Select the pencil icon next to the Schedule you want to edit.
- In the Edit Schedule window, edit schedule details. All schedule details, except workflow credentials, are editable.
- Select Done.
Delete a Schedule
On the Scheduled Workflows tab, select the trash icon next to the schedule you want to delete.
Migrate Schedules to the Gallery
The Migrate tab displays workflow schedules that were scheduled to a Controller via Designer. These scheduled jobs can be migrated to your private Gallery. Each schedule must be assigned a Gallery user as the schedule owner.
Schedules that were created to run in the scheduled workflow's original location on disk are not available for migration. Only schedules that were created to use a copy of a workflow saved to the Scheduler DB are available for migration.
Before migrating schedules to the Gallery, consider these recommendations:
- Create a back-up of your MongoDB database. Deleting a schedule on the Migrate tab removes the schedule from the page and deletes it from the controller. See MongoDB Backups.
- If the current Gallery credentials setting is Require users to enter credentials, scheduled runs will fail after migration. To remedy, migrate the schedules and ask the schedule owners to add credentials. See Credentials.
- Migrate schedules from a single Curator (Gallery Admin) account at a time.
- Migrate all schedules for a single workflow at the same time to prevent multiple copies of the workflow from being added to the Gallery.
- Migrate schedules at a time when scheduled and ad hoc jobs are not running because schedule migration is queued after those jobs.
- Workflows saved as a macro (.yxmc) cannot be run in the Gallery, so schedules of those workflows cannot be migrated to the Gallery. However, schedules of workflows containing macros can be migrated to the Gallery.
To migrate schedules:
- Select the Migrate tab.
- Select the check box next to one or more schedules, or select the check box next to Schedules to select all schedules displayed on the current page.
- In Search, select or type the name of a Gallery user to own the selected schedules.
- Select Migrate.
Once migrated, a copy of the schedule and a copy of the workflow are saved to the Server. The schedule owner can view a copy of the schedule on the Schedules page of the user interface and a copy of the workflow in their Private Studio. If a schedule fails to migrate, check the Gallery logs to investigate why the failure occurred. See Log Files.