Install and Configure
This page walks you through the steps to install Alteryx Analytics Hub. Install on a clean environment with no previous versions of Alteryx Analytics Hub, Alteryx Designer, Alteryx Server, or PostgreSQL installed. The process takes about 45 minutes.
Download Analytics Hub
Download the Analytics Hub installer from the Alteryx Downloads and Licenses portal. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Alteryx Downloads and Licenses portal at licenses.alteryx.com.
- Sign in or select Don’t have an account? Create one now. If you’re creating a new account register with the email address associated with your Alteryx License.
- Under Product Downloads, select Alteryx Analytics Hub.
- On the Download Products page, select the version of the product you want to download. The latest version is available on the New Versions tab. Access previous versions on the Previous Versions tab.
- Select the link for Analytics Hub in the File Name column to download the file.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (if not already installed)
- Postgres 11.4 Server
- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libraries
- Frontend (UI) EXE file
- Backend (API) EXE file
- Engine Worker EXE file
- Self-signed security (SSL) certificates
- ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server
- Oracle Instant Client 19.5
- PostgreSQL Unicode 11.4 (64-bit) from Simba
- SnowflakeDSII Driver 1.2 from Simba
- Amazon Redshift 1.4 (64-bit)
Not Included Optional Install
This is required to run workflows with MySQL-based connections.
- MySQL ODBC 8.0.20 (64-bit)
To install Alteryx Analytics Hub, follow these steps:
- Run the Analytics Hub installer as an admin.
- After reviewing the license agreement, check the box I accept the license agreement. Select Accept.
- Select Alteryx Analytics Hub and Worker.
- To choose an installation location, select Browse, or select Next to continue with the default location.
- Enter the credentials to use to provision your PostgreSQL administrator account. This is a full administrator account for the new embedded database which acts as the AAH repository.
Important: Remember this username and password. Support can’t help recover it, and you will need this account for backup and restore purposes.
- Create a Platform Admin Account. You’ll use this email and password to sign into AAH after installation. We recommend that this account does not match one in your LDAP directory to avoid potential lockout if Active Directory issues happen later.
- Select Install. This step takes 15-20 minutes to complete.
- Select Finish.
- Create a Windows Environment variable DOTNET_BUNDLE_EXTRACT_BASE_DIR with Value pointing to the Analytics Hub installation folder (for example, C:\Program Files\Alteryx\Extracted_Runtime_Files\). After setting the environment variable, restart the AlteryxEngineWorker service for the setting to take effect. For details on why this setting is necessary, see Release Notes.
Sign into Alteryx Analytics Hub
- Open a supported browser.
- Go to https://localhost/admin
- Enter the platform admin credentials you created during installation.
- Go to the Settings page to continue setting up Alteryx Analytics Hub. For more information, go to the Platform Settings article.