Platform User Management
As an Alteryx Analytics Hub (AAH) Platform Admin, you manage users at the platform level. You can add users, directories, sites, site admins, and view details of a user and system roles.
Before adding users, set up SMTP to send users their welcome email that contains a signup link. Otherwise, see Activate a User without SMTP.
To add a single user or a Platform Admin, go to Admin > User Management > Users > + Add User. Enter the user’s details. You don’t need to assign a license to a platform admin unless they need to sign in to sites. If SMTP is set up on your site, check the option Send Verification Email to send the user an activation link.
Activate a User without SMTP
- Go to User Management > Users.
- Select a user to go to the user’s details page.
- Select Get Activation Link.
- Sign out.
- Paste the link into a supported browser.
- Set a password for the new user.
Add Users from a Directory
Configure Windows AD or Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) on the Directories page. You can sync one directory at a time. LDAP group syncing isn’t supported.
To configure a directory:
- Go to Admin > User Management > Directories > + Add Directory.
- Select Directory Type, then Windows AD or Open LDAP from the drop-down menu. Some fields display default settings after directory type selection.
- Enter a name for the directory. The name must be at least 3 characters long.
- Enter the hostname of the server running LDAP.
- Enter the port number of the LDAP server.
- Enter a number for how often to sync with the directory (hours).
- Enter the username for the admin user of the LDAP server. For Active Directory, enter the username (for example, Luke Skywalker). For LDAP servers, enter the distinguished name (DN) of the user that you want to use to connect (for example, "cn=lskywalker, dc=example, dc=lan").
- Enter the password for the admin user of the LDAP server.
- Enter the Base DN. The Base DN is the point where the server will search for users.
- Select Test.
- Select Save.
Single Sign-On (SSO)
Enable single sign-on to allow users to sign into AAH with their single sign-on credentials.
To set up SSO:
- Go to Platform Admin > User Management > Directories > Single Sign-On > + Add Single Sign-On.
- Enter SSO Name. This name displays on the AAH sign-in screen for users.
- Select one option under Identity Provider Details. Get this information from your identity provider (IDP) (for example, OKTA).
- Import IDP metadata from URL
- Add IDP endpoint
- Import IDP metadata from XML file
- Enter the information from Additional Information on your identity provider’s website.
- Select Test or Save.
To remove a user from the platform, go to Platform Admin > User Management > Users. Check the box next to the user or users you want to delete and select Delete Users.
Manage directory users from the synced directory.
Both platform admins and site admins manage user licenses. Assign a license at the time you add the user to the platform, or anytime on the Users page. Go to Platform Admin > User Management > Users and select one or more users, then select Manage Licenses > Add License.
Remove User Licenses
To remove user licenses, go to Platform Admin > User Management > Users. Select one or more users then Manage Licenses > Remove Licenses.