Contribute to Data
After you find and select a data asset, review its details, and then help other Connect users by adding missing details. Assets also provide a platform for users to socialize with one another about the asset.
Connect provides prompts for missing details, encouraging users to provide information and complete assets as possible. Prompts display near the detail's field. Users may select Yes to provide information, or select No to close the prompt. The prompt does not appear again once closed.
Review Asset Details
- Description contains any alternate (alias) names for the asset, description text entered by other Connect users or administrators, and description text discovered when the asset metadata was imported into Connect.
- Details provides the basic metadata for the asset, including the file type, timestamps, and IDs.
- In Relationships, you can see a visual representation of how the data asset relates to other assets. Select to open the Nexus view, which provides an interactive graphical view of connectedness and dependencies.
- Data Flow shows any file inputs and outputs for this data asset.
- To open the data asset, select Open. If you need access to the asset, select Action > Request Access to notify the owner of the asset.
For a more detailed list, see Understand Assets.
Contribute and Socialize
- Edit: Select to access a version of the asset page with all inline editable fields accessible for a mass edit. This helps other users locate the asset during searches.
- Comment: Select to view existing comments about this asset, provide feedback, ask a question, or create tasks, called TODOs.
- Select Give feedback or ask a question to leave a message on the asset.
- Select No resolved threads to only see unanswered comments.
- If you are mentioned in the Comment section, you will get a notification.
- Share: Select to open the Share window. To add Recipients, search for Connect users or add additional emails. Enter a Message and select Share to send an email to the selected recipients.
- Rate: Use the Like or Dislike button to provide a rating for the asset, letting other users know the how useful you found the asset. The asset owner will be notified about the rating you gave to the asset.
- Select the menu to access additional options, including:
- Subscribe to an asset to receive notifications when any changes are made to the page.
- Versions: Select to open a dialog that allows you to compare different versions of the asset. A new version is created after each edit, and a user can revert to a previous version if needed.
- If you are a member of the Certifiers group, select Action > Certify or Action > Do Not Use to tag the asset and help others decide whether this asset is approved or unapproved for use. For more information, see Certify Assets.