Search for Data
Search for Assets
There are multiple ways to search within Alteryx Connect. You can search for assets from any page using the Search bar, or use the Advanced Search page for a Lucene-based, full text search.
From any page, type a term in the Search field and select a result.
Assets open within Connect. Articles from Alteryx Community open in a new browser tab.
- Select View more Community results to open Alteryx Community in a web browser.
- Select Ask the Community a question to post a message in the Alteryx Community.
If you cannot find what you are looking for using live search, select the Search field and select Advanced Search. On the Advanced Search page, you can perform a Lucene full text search across multiple attributes, including asset type, location, and field.
Alteryx Connect sorts search results based on many coequal criteria, including:
- The number of times a term appears within an asset.
- How often the term appears in relation to the length of surrounding entry text (density).
- The location of the term. For example, a term within an asset name has more importance than a term within an asset description.
- Whether terms in a multi-term search (for example, "cell coverage") appear close together in an entry.
- The number of Likes and Dislikes.
- Whether an asset has been certified. For more information, see Certify Assets.
- The asset type. People, reports, Alteryx workflows, and tables are given more priority.
About Search Scoring
Alteryx Connect uses the following scoring parameters for the Lucene engine:
- Likes and Dislikes, using the following formula: (Number of Likes) / (Number of Likes + Number of Dislikes).
- Certified assets: +0.4
- Person: +3.0
- Term: +7.2
- Report: +6.4
- Report sheet: +5.6
- Alteryx workflow: +4.8
- Table: +4.0
To learn more, see Apache Lucene - Scoring.