An asset is a single information item. Alteryx Connect supports a variety of asset types that can be reached by selecting the asset catalog from the home page. For more information about asset types, see the Understand Assets help page.
You can use data sources and reports in Designer workflows, open them directly from Connect, or request access to them. For more information about how to edit, share assets, comment on them, or how to perform bulk edits, see the Contribute to Data page.
To learn about using the asset within Designer, see Use Connect Assets.
Workflows can be accessed in Connect, and opened in Designer. On a workflow page, select Open to open the workflow in Server. For more information about workflows, see the Analytic Workflows help page.
Data sources can be accessed in Connect and opened in a Designer workflow. On a data source page, select Use in Workflow to download the workflow. Open the downloaded workflow in Alteryx Designer. To learn about how to use an asset within Designer, see the Use Connect Assets page. For more information about data sources, go to the Data Sources help page.
There are different types of data sources: Files, Databases, Applications, Categories, and API sites.
- Files: Can be harvested from Amazon S3, Apache Hadoop, Microsoft Azure Data Lake, Files loader (windows shared drives). For more information, see the Files section on the Data Sources page.
- Databases: Connect supports harvesting data using Teradata, Snowflake, Apache Hive, IBM DB2, Exasol, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, SAP HANA, Amazon Redshift, Vertica, PostgreSQL, Google BigQuery, and Apache Impala. For more information, see the Databases section on the Data Sources page.
- Applications: Data can be harvested from Salesforce. For more information, see the Applications section on the Data Sources page.
- Categories: Connect provides a list of categories defined by admins used to asset categorization. For more information, see the Categories section on the Data Sources page.
- API sites: Alteryx workflows can use APIs and their endpoints as a data source. For more information, see the API Sites section on the Data Sources page.
You can access and view certain types of reports directly on their reporting server. On a report page, select Open to be redirected to the actual report.
- PowerBI reports: You can open them directly on the reporting server.
- Tableau reports: You can open them directly on the reporting server.
- Alteryx Insights:You can open them directly on the reporting server.
- Qlik View reports: You can use reports in the qvx format in workflow. On a report page, select Use in Workflow to download the report. Qvw and qvd formats cannot be opened or used in a workflow.
- QlikSense reports: You can open them directly on the reporting server.
Fore more information, go to the Reports help page.
To get access to an asset, select Request Access under the Action menu. In the Share window, select a Recipient to request access from, enter a brief Message, and select Share. An email containing the message will be sent to the selected recipients.
For more information on how to share, edit, comment, rate, and otherwise use assets, go to the Contribute to Data help page.