The new Gallery Configuration page in the Admin interface consolidates Gallery-level settings in one place. There are 3 categories of Gallery-level settings: user settings, workflow settings, and Gallery settings.
Access the Gallery Admin Interface
Access the Gallery Admin interface directly via this URL: [BaseAddress]/gallery/admin
You can also access the Gallery Admin interface via Gallery. To do so, select your username and select Admin.
To manage Gallery-level settings, select Configuration on the Admin toolbar.
There are 2 user settings on the Configuration page.
By default, users are not allowed to sign up for access to your company's private Gallery. To allow users to sign up, enable the Users Can Register setting.
When enabled, users can sign up for a new account on the Gallery sign-in page. When disabled, the Don't have an account? Create one now. is removed from the sign-in page. When the sign-up form is disabled, new users must be added by an Admin.
Integrated Windows Authentication
Users Can Register is enabled by default for Galleries configured to use Integrated Windows Authentication and can't be disabled.
We recommend enabling Users Can Register for Galleries configured to use SAML Authentication.
This setting was previously Enable user registration on the Users page of the Gallery Admin interface.
Unregistered Users Can Run Public Workflows on the Homepage
By default, only users signed in to the Gallery can run workflows. When enabled, the Unregistered Users Can Run Public Workflows on the Homepage setting allows workflows placed in the company Gallery can be run without signing in.
This setting was previously Enable unregistered users to run Public Gallery workflows on the Workflows page of the Gallery Admin interface.
There are 2 workflow settings on the Configuration page.
Curators Can Flag Workflows for Promotion
When enabled, Curators (Gallery admins) can indicate a workflow is ready to be promoted by selecting Yes for This workflow is ready to be migrated within a workflow. See Workflows to learn about workflow migration.
This setting was previously Enable workflows to be marked as ready for migration to a separate environment on the Workflows page of the Gallery Admin interface.
Workflow Credentials Setting
The Workflow Credentials Setting determines the credentials required for running workflows at a Gallery-level.
- Use Default Credentials: Runs all workflows using the default Run As account, which defaults to the LocalSystem account. The Run As account may be defined on any of the following process levels, listed in order of precedence:
- Per studio subscription via Default Credentials.
- Per Server worker node by adding a Run As account via Server System Settings.
- Per Server via modification to Alteryx Service with the Windows Services Console.
- Require User Credentials: Prompts users to enter their credentials when they run the workflow.
- Allow Users to Select: Allows users to select credentials requirements when saving a workflow in Designer to a private Gallery. Options include:
- User is not required to specify credentials
- User must specify their own credentials
- Always run this workflow with these credentials
The credentials setting you select may require additional user permissions. For information on setting Run As User permissions, see Set Required Run As User Permissions.
Changing the credentials setting in these ways disables schedules in the Gallery:
- Use Default Credentials to Require User Credentials.
- Require User Credentials to Use Default Credentials.
- Allow Users to Select to Require User Credentials, if users did not create schedules with credentials.
- Allow Users to Select to Use Default Credentials, if users created schedules using their credentials.
This setting was previously Credentials setting for workflows on the Credentials page of the Gallery Admin interface.
Users Can Schedule Workflows
When enabled, the Users Can Schedule Workflows Gallery-level permission enables users with the user-level Schedule Jobs permission to create and edit workflows. Both permissions must be enabled for a user to schedule workflows.
This setting was previously Enable users to schedule workflows on the Jobs page of the Admin interface.