These are options available for managing users on the Groups tab of the User Management page.
Create a New Group
- On the Groups tab of the User Management page, select the plus icon to add a new group.
- If you are using Integrated Windows Authentication, you have a Group Type option.
- Select Active Directory to add a group from your Active Directory as a user group.
- Select Create Custom Group to create a user group you can manually add users to.
- If you are adding a Custom Group, enter a name for your group in Group Name.
- If you are adding an Active Directory group, search for the Active Directory group in Search Groups.
- For both Custom Groups and Active Directory groups, select a Group Role to assign to all users in the group.
Add Users to a Group
Custom Groups allow you to choose the users that are part of the user group. Follow these steps to add a user to a group.
- Select a group.
- Select Add User.
- Search for the user by username or email. This searches Active Directory for Active Directory users and groups if you are using Integrated Windows Authentication. If you are using Built-in Authentication this searches Server for Gallery users.
- Select the user.
- Select Save.
Delete a Group
To delete a group, select the trash icon in the Actions column of the group grid. When you delete a group, you also remove collections access for the group's members.