Upgrade from 2020.2.1
This article walks you through the steps to upgrade Analytics Hub from 2020.2.1. Steps to upgrade from 2020.2 are in the Upgrade from 2020.2 article. Only follow these steps if you are upgrading. For the initial installation, see the Install and Configure article.
- Make sure that there are no users currently using the platform or schedules running.
- LDAPS:// is not checking for certificates in 2020.2.1. If you're using LDAPS://, make sure to have a local (non-LDAP) Platform Admin account set up before you upgrade in case LDAP authentication fails after upgrade due to the cert issue.
- (Optional) Do a full backup. See the Back Up and Restore article.
- In 2020.2.1, Port is an optional parameter when creating a data source. In 2020.4. it’s a mandatory parameter (default port is set if field is left blank). To prevent a Data Catalog error after upgrade, check all data sources used for sync operation on each site for a Port value. To do so, go to Data Sources and select a data source to open the details page. If any of your data sources are missing the port information (or was missing during the time of sync operation), we recommend you delete all Data Catalog assets loaded by that data source. Adding the port now does not prevent the error. If an error displays after upgrade (Request failed with status code 400), contact email@example.com for an SQL script to run on your Postgres database.
Analytics Hub 2020.4+ no longer supports saving Analytics Hub files in a Postgres database. All AAH files are now saved to your machine’s file system. Before you upgrade to 2020.4, back up your Postgres data folder (default location: INSTALL_LOCATION\Alteryx Analytics Hub\Postgres\data). To do so, follow steps 4, 5, and 6 or your own method.
AAH will migrate your Postgres files to the machine's file system during the first run after upgrading. This can take a while depending on your database size. For a successful migration, have 3 times as much free space on your hard drive as the size of your Postgres folder.
If the system runs out of free space, it will restart. Check the logs located in INSTALL_LOCATION\Alteryx Analytics Hub\Backend\analytics-hub-server.log. If you see the message “info: performing migration 0004_db,” stop the AAHBackend service and increase free hard drive space. Then, restart the AAHBackend service. Migration should resume automatically.
Download the Analytics Hub installer from the Alteryx Downloads and Licenses portal. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Alteryx Downloads and Licenses portal at licenses.alteryx.com.
- Sign in or select Don’t have an account? Create one now. If you’re creating a new account, register with the email address associated with your Alteryx License.
- Under Product Downloads, select Alteryx Analytics Hub.
- On the Download Products page, select the version of the product you want to download. The latest version is available on the New Versions tab. Access previous versions on the Previous Versions tab.
- To download the file, select the link for Analytics Hub in the File Name column.
- Run the Analytics Hub installer as an administrator.
- Select Next.
- Select a Run Mode.
- Select Next.
- Wait for the installation to complete. The progress bar might pause near 75% complete for an hour. A long pause doesn't mean the install has failed.
- Wait 5 minutes to allow the upgrade to complete.
- Sign into Analytics Hub and check your user licenses. The upgrade process sets all users to the Analytics Hub User license type. You might see an "Invalid license" error and a negative number in the Available column. To resolve the error, reassign the correct license types.
- Check the Data Catalog on all sites. If an error displays (Request failed with status code 400), contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an SQL script to run on your Postgres database.
- If previously installed, reinstall Alteryx Intelligence Suite, YXI tools, and Predictive and R tools.
- After upgrade, Site Admins should check previous setting values on the Site Admin > Settings page. They should also check the new site settings for Run Priority, Data Preview for Data Catalog, and File Upload Restrictions.