Data: The untouched collections of figures your company possesses, such as a database.
Information: Data that has been organized and given context, such as a report.
Metadata: Information about information and data, such as the author and time of writing.
Loader: A tool to load data, regardless of location or format, into Connect. A number of loaders are available for more-widely used servers and database systems. Additionally, Connect provides the steps for creating personalized loaders using the Metadata Loader SDK.
Asset: A single information item. Connect supports a variety of asset types that can be reached by selecting the asset catalog from the home page.
- Analytic workflow: A collection of Alteryx Designer workflows, which allow users to drag and drop different tools to prepare, blend, and analyze their data.
- Report: A collection of all the reports available within your company.
- Data source: A collection of the resources your company uses to house data, such as databases, file systems, or third-party applications.
- Glossary: A collection of the standard definitions of terms and acronyms used by your company.
- People: A collection of the Connect users in your company, containing information such as address, phone number, and job title, as well as enabling the assignment of folder or group.
- Virtual folder: A collection of content with a common attribute listed in one location.
For more information, see Understand Assets.