Upgrade from 2019.1
Follow these instructions to upgrade from 2019.1.x to 2019.2.1.
You have to run the Promote upgrade script from a machine with SSH access to your Promote cluster.
Unzip the file that contains the upgrade script:
Navigate to the extracted Promote 2019.2.1 upgrade directory:
Open the upgrade script with a text editor (such as vi):
After you open the file, you should see this:
# List ALL your existing nodes IPs to the NODE_IPS variable in bash array format. # If your cluster has more than three nodes, add their IP addresses to the array. NODE_IPS=( '' '' '' ) # Add your ssh user and key path here: SSH_USER='' KEY_PATH=''
Within each set of single quotation marks, use vi to insert this information:
- External IP addresses of the nodes that are already a part of your Promote cluster
- SSH user and key file
You may upgrade more than three nodes at a time. Simply add any additional external node IP addresses to the NODE_IPS array variable—in addition to the external IP addresses of your three original nodes.
After you update the empty fields with needed information, the file should look like this:
# List ALL your existing nodes IPs to the NODE_IPS variable in bash array format: # If your cluster has more than three nodes, add their IP addresses to the array. NODE_IPS=( 'NODE1_IP' 'NODE2_IP' 'NODE3_IP' 'NODE4_IP' ) # Add your ssh user and key path here: SSH_USER='USERNAME_FOR_SSH' KEY_PATH='PATH/TO/SSH/KEY'
Run the upgrade script:
The script prompts you to make a couple selections. Confirm that all information is correct by providing either a
- If the script detects a custom-overlay subnet configuration in the promote.yml file on your nodes, the script asks if you would like to maintain it. We recommend that you answer
yesif you see this prompt. If you answer
no, the script removes your custom subnet configuration and continues with default settings.
- The script asks if Promote is currently running. If so, answer
yes, because you have to stop Promote to upgrade.
After you make those selections, the script kicks off several upgrade actions on your nodes:
1. Your manager node performs these actions:
- Stops Promote
- Waits about 10 seconds for Promote services to shut down
2. All nodes perform these actions:
- Replace the promote.yml compose file.
- Replace the updateImages.py file.
- Replace the initPromote.py file.
3. Promote then restarts, which triggers a redeploy of all models.
After the script completes, wait for Promote services to build the UI and verify that it is up and running. You can watch these services generate:
Check the Promote UI to verify that it is running and that all your models successfully redeploy.
If you experience a browser error when you try to reload the UI, delete your Promote browser cookie. Reload the UI.
Model Fails to Redeploy
If a model fails to redeploy, trigger a manual redeploy. Select the Redeploy button in the UI. You can find the Redeploy button under the Advanced settings for your model. If a manual redeploy fails to resolve the problem, contact Alteryx Support.