Review Connect Usage Information
Last modified: May 06, 2021
Administrators can use Alteryx Designer to connect to the Alteryx Connect H2 database to obtain Connect usage information and statistics.
Enable Access to the Connect Database
By default, access to the Connect database is restricted. To enable it:
- Verify that ports 8082 and 9092 are open on the server where Alteryx Connect is deployed.
- Stop the Alteryx Connect service:
- Open the Windows Task Manager.
- Select the Services tab.
- Select Services.
- In the list of services, select Alteryx Connect.
- Select Stop and leave the Services window open.
- In a text editor, open alteryx_connect.properties from the
The default installation path is
- Add the following new line:
- Save the file.
- In the Services window, select Start to restart the Alteryx Connect service.
Create a New System DSN Connection
- Download and install the PostgreSQL ODBC driver (psqlodbc_09_02_0100-x64.zip) from the PostgreSQL downloads page.
- In Windows, open the ODBC Data Source Administrator (64-bit) and create a new system DSN connection with the following settings:
- Data Source: H2
- Description: H2
- Database: ac_data
- SSL Mode: disable
- Server: The Alteryx Connect server name or IP address.
- Port: 5435
- User Name: sa
- Password: the password set in Connect Configuration. For more information, see Administration Console.
Select Test to ensure a successful connection. If the test fails, check the above settings.
Connect to the H2 Database
- Open Alteryx Designer.
- Drag an Input Data tool onto the canvas.
- In the Configuration window, select the Connect a File or Database drop-down arrow and select Other Databases > ODBC.
- Select the H2 connection you just created.
- In the Choose Table or Specify Query window > Visual Query Builder, expand STD_XFORMS and double-click a table (for example, EVENT_MONITOR, EVENT_AUDIT).
- Connect a Browse tool to the Input Data tool.
- Run the workflow and select the Browse tool to view the data.