Load Metadata from a Vertica Database
Use the Vertica loader to upload metadata to Alteryx Connect for a specified Vertica database.
Review Loader Requirements
The Alteryx Connect Loaders must be installed on the machine where Alteryx Server is installed. To install the loaders:
- Download the loaders installer. For compatibility, the Loaders installer version must match the Alteryx Connect version.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
The Vertica ODBC driver must be installed. See Vertica Client Drivers.
Open the Loader
- Open Alteryx Designer.
- Select Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > Vertica Loader > Vertica Loader.
Run the App
Select Run as Analytic App .
In the Vertica server tab:
Type the VERTICA ODBC DSN, or click ODBC parameters to manually specify a ODBC driver, server IP address or hostname, port, and database. Or click on ODBC Connection string and specify connection string, and type your credentials.
- Optionally, in Schemas to load, specify a comma-separated list of schemas. Leave blank to load all available schemas.
In the Alteryx Connect tab, type the URL for your Alteryx Connect instance and your credentials.
Before running the app, select and save the app configuration to the following directory:
The .yxwv app values file is used for scheduling the loader to run in the Gallery. See Schedule Metadata Loaders.
- Select Finish to run the app.
- If the run succeeds, "Success" appears in the App Results window.
- If the run fails, a "There were Errors" message appears.
Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take a long time to run.
View the Metadata
- Go to the Alteryx Connect URL and log in.
- From the main menu, select Data Sources > Databases.
- Select a folder to view its contents.