Non Overlapping Drivetime Tool
Use the Non Overlapping Drivetime tool to create drivetime trade areas, that do not overlap, for a point file.
This tool is a macro that requires a separate data install and license. To use this tool, contact your Account Executive.
If using DriveTime, see Guzzler Drivetime Methodology for more information.
Configure the Tool
Use the Drivetime tab to set these drivetime parameters.
- Drivetime in Minutes: This determines the size of the drivetime polygon. From each point the program follows the street network and draws a polygon that is indicative of the minutes specified. The resulting polygon is the area one could drive around the point in the time specified.
- Drivetime Data Set: Select what dataset is used in the drivetime calculation.
- Grid Size: The size of the grids where overlap occurs. The sections of overlapping drivetime polygons are split into grids so that a grid centroid can be created and then the overlap is assigned based on the point to point distance of the original record and the grid point. Therefore, the smaller your grid size, the more granular the polygon is (the workflow also takes longer to run with a small grid size).
- Units: The units used when calculation the grid size. Thresholds are: minimum=0.1 miles, maximum=5 miles, and accept increments of 0.25 miles. Default is 0.25 miles.
Use the Input tab to choose the spatial object.
- Choose Field: SpatialObj (SpatialObj): Select a spatial object column from your incoming data stream.