Salesforce Input Tool
Use the Salesforce Input tool to query your tables from Salesforce.com and read them into Designer.
This tool is not automatically installed with Designer. To use this tool, download it from the Alteryx Analytics Gallery.
Your Salesforce account must be API Enabled to use this tool. Ask your Salesforce administrator to set your Salesforce account to API Enabled.
For more information, visit Salesforce Documentation.
Designer encrypts the password and security token.
- Username: Enter your Salesforce user name (e.g., your email address).
- Password: Enter your Salesforce password.
- Security Token: Enter your Salesforce Security Token.
- Connect: Click to connect and display the Configuration window.
To query your tables from Salesforce.com and read them into Designer, select a query type:
Use Query Builder to browse for and select a Salesforce table, output fields, and other parameters.
- Table: Select a table to read into Designer. Type in the search box to filter for a table or browse for a table by using the arrows. The list includes any queryable table. If queryable is set to false, the table will not display.
- Output Fields: Select the fields you want to retrieve from the table. You can search for a field or select all fields.
- Record Limit: Optional. Enter the number of rows to return or leave blank to return all rows.
- WHERE Clause (SOQL): Optional. Type a Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) query. Defaults to IsDeleted=False which returns only current records. To return deleted records, use IsDeleted=True. If this field is left blank, Designer returns all records.
Custom Query displays your Query Builder query. Use Custom Query to specify a table and parameters as a Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) query.
- SOQL Query: SOQL Query displays your Query Builder query.You can type a new SOQL statement or edit the Query Builder query.
- Validate: Click to validate the query via the Salesforce API. Designer displays the message from the Salesforce API.
- Attempt to Parse JSON Response: Select to parse the query response and display the parsed output in the Results window. If not selected, the response is output as a single JSON field, which you can parse with the JSON Parse tool.
We populate the Existing Report option based on the Recent list from Salesforce. If you are not seeing an expected report, you will need to add it back to your Recent list in Salesforce. Only the last viewed 200 reports display.
- Attempt to parse report results Select to parse the report results and display the parsed output in the Results window. If not selected, the report is output as a single JSON field, which you can parse with the JSON Parse tool. Automatic parsing is only available for tabular reports.