Load Metadata from Microsoft Power BI On-Premises (Server)
Use the Microsoft Power BI On-Premises Loader to upload metadata to Alteryx Connect from your Microsoft Power BI Server.
Review Loader Requirements
The Alteryx Connect Loaders must be installed on the machine where Alteryx Server is installed. To install the loaders:
- Download the loaders installer. For compatibility, the Loaders installer version must match the Alteryx Connect version.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
Open the Loader
- Open Alteryx Designer.
- Select Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > Power BI OnPremises Loader > Power BI OnPremises Loader.
Run the App
Select Run as Analytic App .
In the Power BI Server tab, type the Power BI Server URL and your credentials.
In the Alteryx Connect tab, type the URL for your Alteryx Connect instance and your credentials.
Before running the app, select and save the app configuration to the following directory:
The .yxwv app values file is used for scheduling the loader to run in the Gallery. See Schedule Metadata Loaders.
- Select Finish to run the app.
- If the run succeeds, "Success" appears in the App Results window.
- If the run fails, a "There were Errors" message appears.
Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take a long time to run.
View the Metadata
- Go to the Alteryx Connect URL and log in.
- From the main menu, select Data Sources > Power BI Server.
- Select a folder to view its contents.