Load Metadata from a SAP HANA Database
Use the SAP HANA Loader to upload metadata to Alteryx Connect from a specified SAP HANA Database.
Review Loader Requirements
The Alteryx Connect Loaders must be installed on the machine where Alteryx Server is installed. To install the loaders:
- Download the loaders installer. For compatibility, the Loaders installer version must match the Alteryx Connect version.
- Run the installer as an administrator.
To successfully connect, install a SAP HANA ODBC driver.
Open the Loader
- Open Alterx Designer.
- Select Help > Sample Workflows > Alteryx Connect Metadata Loaders > SAP HANA Loader > SAP HANA Loader.
Run the App
Select Run as Analytic App .
- In the SAP HANA server tab:
- Type the SAP HANA connection information, including SAP HANA Server, Port, Username, and Password.
- In Schemas to load, optionally specify a comma-separated list of databases. Leave blank to load all databases.
Before running the app, select and save the app configuration to the following directory:
The .yxwv app values file is used for scheduling the loader to run in the Gallery. See Schedule Metadata Loaders.
- Select Finish to run the app.
- If the run succeeds, "Success" appears in the App Results window.
- If the run fails, a "There were Errors" message appears.
Depending on how much metadata is being imported, the app can take a long time to run.
View the Metadata
- Go to the Alteryx Connect URL and log in.
- From the main menu, select Data Sources > Databases.
- Select a folder to view its contents.