|Type of Support||
Read & Write (Bulk only)
ODBC Client Version: 1.01.02.1000
For more information about the Simba Athena ODBC driver, see the Installation and Configuration Guide on Simba portal.
Configure an Amazon Athena Bulk Connection
To use the bulk connection via the Output Data tool...
- Select the Write to File or Database dropdown, and select Other Databases > Amazon Athena Bulk.
- Select a Data Source Name (or select ODBC Admin to create one). See ODBC and OLEDB Database Connections.
- (Optional) Enter a User Name and Password.
- In the Amazon S3 section, enter or paste your AWS Access Key and AWS Secret Key to access the data for upload.
- In the Secret Key Encryption dropdown, select an encryption option:
- Hide: Hide the password using minimal encryption.
- Encrypt for Machine: Any user on the computer is able to fully use the connection.
- Encrypt for User: The signed-in user can use the connection on any computer.
- In the Endpoint dropdown, select Default to allow Amazon to determine the endpoint automatically based on the bucket you select. To specify an endpoint for private S3 deployments, or if you know a specific bucket region, you can alternately select an endpoint (S3 region), enter a custom endpoint, or select from one of ten previously-entered custom endpoints.
If the Bucket you select is not in the region of the endpoint you specify, this error occurs:
"The bucket you are attempting to access must be addressed using the specified endpoint. Please send all future requests to this endpoint."
Select Default to clear the error.
- (Optional) Select Use Signature V4 for Authentication to use Signature Version 4 instead of the default Signature Version 2. This will increase security, but connection speeds might be slower. This option is automatically enabled for regions requiring Signature Version 4. Regions created after January 30, 2014 support only Signature Version 4. These regions require Signature Version 4 authentication:
- US East (Ohio) Region
- Canada (Central) Region
- Asia Pacific (Mumbai) Region
- Asia Pacific (Seoul) Region
- EU (Frankfurt) Region
- EU (London) Region
- China (Beijing) Region
- Select a Server-Side Encryption method for uploading to an encrypted Amazon S3 bucket. For more information on Amazon S3 encryption methods, see the Amazon Simple Storage Service Developer Guide.
- None (Default): No encryption method is used.
- SSE-KMS: Use server-side encryption with AWS KMS-managed keys. Optionally provide a KMS Key ID. When you select this method, Use Signature V4 for Authentication is enabled by default.
- In Bucket Name, enter the name of the AWS bucket in which your data objects are stored.
Configure Output Options
Size of Bulk Load Chunks (1 MB to 102400 MB): To increase upload performance, large files are split into smaller files with a specified integer size, in megabytes. The default value is 128.