One Tool Example
Condition has a One Tool Example. Visit Sample Workflows to learn how to access this and many other examples directly in Alteryx Designer.
Use Condition to test for entered values and return either true or false. The Condition tool is similar to a Filter tool.
- If values meet the criteria of the expression, they come out of the True output.
- If values do not meet the criteria, they come out of the False output.
Configure the Tool
Use any of these methods to build an expression:
- Enter text directly in the Expression editor field.
- Select the Variables tab to browse through variables that can be used in the expression. Double-click the variable to add it to the expression editor.
- Connections from Questions: Values from an Interface tool connected to the Question anchor of a tool with an expression editor, when the tool is used in an app or macro. Use the Question anchor when you want question values to be used as variables in the expression. Visit Interface Tools for more information.
- Constants: Global variables for a workflow that make it possible to change a value in a single location and have that change apply to the rest of the workflow. Visit Constants for more information.
- Select the Functions tab to browse through categories of functions. Double-click the function to add it to the expression editor.
- Select the Saved Expressions tab to browse through recent and saved expressions. Double-click the expression to add it to the expression editor. To save an expression...
- Enter an expression in the Expression field.
- Select the Save button.
- Enter a name for the expression in the Specify a name field and select OK.